I called Bryan at Showplanes about the need to trim the front bulkhead. I had the panel designed and cut well before starting on the showplanes canopy and I didn’t think there would be any interference but I also did not do my homework either to verify this. He indicated that while it’s not ideal, it shouldn’t be an issue to trim the height of the bulkhead in my case. The bulkhead will have to be relieved in four places. Two on the right for the Autopilot and top right switch (removed in this photo). This should not be an issue structurally and to make this structure more rigid I’ll cover it with carbon fiber instead of e-glass.
On the left side I need to relieve the topmost switch (flaps) and slightly for the audio panel. I could drill a hole below the lowest existing switch and move all four lower one notch but that would leave a hole in the side panel at the top, partially obscured by the bulkhead. That would be the best option structurally but I’m really leaning to the “trim the bulkhead” method.
I clamped the canopy as tight as I could get it and secured the front bulkhead in place. Ran out of time but tomorrow I’ll bond it in place.
At the bottom of this photo I’ve trimmed the skin even with the top of the hinge. It will have to be trimmed slightly higher and I will have to bring the e-glass angle behind this portion out further. Overall the canopy fits well.