I knew this was going to be an issue but forgot about it until I tried to mount the nearly finished duct on the oil cooler in place on the airplane. The mechanical fuel pump hits the duct so I have to notch the duct out.
Cut a hole and laid a few layers of bid. It’s ugly but it’s going to work and should only have minimal airflow impact on one corner of the duct.
It’s big and unwieldy but I bet it works.
Drilled the exhaust for the EGT probes at 2.5 inches down from the top. I made sure that the tip of the EGT probe is at 2.5 inches which is why the exhaust on the right has the hole slightly below the 2.5 inch level – because the tube is bending and when the probe is inserted it angles upwards.
I *think* I should fill in these large gaps on the Inter-Cylinder baffles before any more stuff gets hung on the engine. I need to ask around to make sure this is a good idea.