Apr 192018

Spent hours and hours making sure every single leak was filled with RTV.  This RV-14 baffle kit is light years better than the kit I used on my RV-7A as there are substantially fewer places to fill in

Afterwards I installed the lower baffle ties. I used safety wire and washers instead of the stainless steel rods which are hard as heck to put a thread on. Lighter too I suspect but did not measure. I covered the wire with high temp silicone tubing. No pics.  You really shouldn’t tie both cylinders together it has been said but…

I also installed the 4 inch scat tube from the back of the baffles to the firewall mounted oil cooler. It’s tight back there and I hope this experiment works.

 Posted by at 3:48 PM